Saturday, January 2, 2010

December 2009 Happy Dance--Meeting a Personality

With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season I forgot to mention that I actually met one of my long time favorite personalities in the store where I work in early December. I think it would qualify for a happy dance!

Anyone who knows me or has been to my home will tell you that I love antiques. I guess that is not so strange for a person who spends her time poking around in the past with genealogy. Antiques, both my own family's and those I have purchased at auction or in a shop, are in every room. Sometimes I think I live in a museum! Not content to have visitors just admire my collections, I actually have little name tags to go with them. Not on all items, just those that have been passed down through my family.



Ralph and Terry Kovel

Back in early December I was making my way around the clothing store where I work when I saw a lady who looked so-so familiar. I went over to ask if she needed any help and as we began to converse I realized just who I was talking with.....Terry Kovel--the maven of antiques....nationwide!

Tiger stripe oak buffet
Purchased from the WVIZ auction

There was a time that I volunteered for the WVIZ auction (public TV) just to see Terry and her husband, Ralph, in person. One of my prized purchases was from them at the WVIZ auction. There was also a time when I subscribed to their antique newsletter and followed them on their HGTV show, 'Flea Market Finds with the Kovels'.

Ralph died in Cleveland on August 28, 2008 at the age of 88. Terry told me that she is continuing on with the website and newsletters.

What a thrill it was to actually meet her.

More on the Kovel's

Kovels.com

About the Kovel's

1 comment:

  1. Some days going to work is NOT tooooo bad, eh?? Love the buffet!

    ReplyDelete