Thursday, September 24, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday--A Clown


This handmade treasure belongs to my oldest son. It was made for him and given to me at a baby shower back in 1978. My son's paternal great grand aunt Leta Burkett Tate, at age 85, made this cute little clown as a gift to the yet unborn baby. Oddly, as a child and even now as an adult, he is not fond of clowns. Probably why this little stuffed one does not show any wear and tear.

I featured
Leta and her husband Ray Tate on Tombstone Tuesday this week and more of her story is there.


This photo of Leta was taken at the baby shower and I cropped her out of the group shot. Sorry for the poor quality photograph--it's the only one I have of her to share.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, that aversion to clowns thing - my family and I share that with your son. Because clowns are scary. But this one looks like a friendly animal clown, so it's cute.

    ReplyDelete