Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Civil War Furlough Letter Transcription--William Lanham Pool



Furlough Letter dated January 5, 1865

                                                                                                        

Island Hospital Harpers Ferry, Va

January 5, 1865

Robert P. Kennedy

Major & AHG (?)

 Sir,

      I have the honor to request a furlough of twenty (20) days based on the following reasons.  I have unsettled business of importance to myself and family.  My wife has lost the use of her arm and having no one else at home to help her it is necessary I should be there to provide for the winter.  I have been in the service two years and never received a furlough.  hoping this will meet with your approval.

 I am very respectfully 

Your abel Svt

William L. Pool

Pvt Co I. 14 West Va Inf 



     The furlough was approved; however, no dates of when the furlough was taken appear on the record.

 

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.    PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2022, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser


No comments:

Post a Comment