Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Brick Wall Crumbles--Albert Frederick


HAPPY DANCE TIME AGAIN. Down goes another Frederick Brick Wall. This time it is Albert L. Frederick also known as Burt L. Frederick. Yep, I couldn't contain myself...find one Frederick at FamilySearch...had to add another to the search engine.

Albert has been illusive. My mother had no knowledge Albert. Her mother, Albert's sister, simply told my Mom that her brother was dead and had been for some time. I knew he was alive when my great grandmother, Lucinda Orr Frederick died in 1909. In the obituary he was listed as Burt L. Frederick, which lead me to search under that name. I found him on the 1910 Chicago Illinois census.

I have not been able to locate a census report for him for 1900 or 1920. Years back a fellow family researcher sent me a copy of a family reunion booklet that was probably printed in the early 1900's. Albert is listed with a son, Raymond; however, no wife is listed. Raymond Frederick has brought me no leads...there are too many of them to narrow down the search.

The 1910 census did tell me that Alfred (Burt L.) was married twice. His new wife Louise M. (maiden name unknown) and little daughter, Sarah and Burt are living at 5303Dearborn Street in Chicago, Illinois.

Where do I go from here....CHICAGO!!! I have to have those two obituaries.

What I learned from the death information:

Burt L. Frederick

Death Date: June 26, 1924 (NEW INFORMATION)

Death Place: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois (NEW INFORMATION)

Birth Date: July 21, 1871

Birth Place: Columbiana, Ohio (Columbiana County)

Mother: Leucinda Bell (the Bell is NEW to me--Lucinda Bell Orr Frederick)

Father: Alfred Frederick

Occupation: Railroad Man, Yard Master

Spouse: Louise M. Frederick

Burial Date: June 28, 1924 (NEW INFORMATION)

Cemetery: Beverley (NEW INFORMATION)

Thank you Family Search.org.

© 2010, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! AGAIN!!!

    Nothing like finding the lost ones after so many disappointing searches!

    WAHHOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on toppling this brick wall and finding a justification to go to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete