Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sarah Fearer Harner Will

Sarah Harner's Will
Monongalia County, West Virginia Will Book
page 191
May 9, 1895

WILL OF

SARAH FEARER HARNER

Copied from LDS

Batch: F610364, Sheet: 59, Disk Number: 06647, Page 2178-1279

 

Will of Sarah Harner, Monongalia County, West Virginia Will Records, page 191

 

            I Sarah Harner, of Morgan District, in Monongalia County, West Virginia do make and publish this my last will and testament as follows.

 1st I will to my son Joseph Harner the bureau which is in the parlor.

2nd I will to my son George Harner, one bed, bed stead and bedding.

3rd I will to my daughter Susan Fleming the bed I am now on including bed stead and bedding that stand now in this room and all my wearing apparel.

4th I will to my son William Harner the bureau or secretary in the room I am now in and a set of chairs.

5th I will to my son P. Fairchild Harner a bed and bed stead and bedding which is upstairs and one cow.

6th I will to my son James Harner the large table now in the room I now occupy and the set of green chairs.

7th All other personal property owned by me I will to my five sons Joseph, George, William, P. Fairchild and James and my daughter Susan, to be divided by them equally.

8th As to what money notes or bonds etc. I have, I desire that first my just debts and funeral expenses shall be paid therefrom and then I will that there shall be paid to my daughters Matilda Addison, Sarah Pool and Elizabeth Jackson each the sum of five dollars, and then the residue thereof shall be divided equally between my five sons Joseph, George, William, Fairchild and James and my daughter Susan Fleming.

 Witness my signature and seal this 9th day of May 1895

Sarah (her X mark) Harner   (seal)

Witnesses

Joseph Moreland

J. U. Beall

W. O. Murphy




 

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.    PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2023, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser


No comments:

Post a Comment