Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Philip William Harner Will


DEATH RECORD & WILL OF

PHILIP WILLIAM HARNER

Copied from LDS

Batch:  F610364, Sheet: 59, Disk Number: 06647, Page 2176-2177

 

Death Record from Monongalia County, West Virginia

Harner, Philip W., white male, no death date, died Morgan District of Paralysis, age 76 years.  Son, William J. Harner, informant.

 

Will of Philip W. Harner, Monongalia County, West Virginia, page 295

     Philip W. Harner, being of sound mind and disposing memory do make this my last will thereby revoking any and all wills by me at any time heretofore make. 

      1st it is my will that as soon after my death as it may be practicable that my executors hereinafter named do pay all my just debts, funeral expenses and charges of administration and residue of my estate I devise shall be distributed as follows.

      2nd should my beloved wife survive me I devise that the interest of my estate with proceeds of my real estate I may have at my decease, which I wish sold be paid to my wife during her natural life, and at her death that my executors pay to Matilda J. Addison the sum of five hundred dollars, to Susan Fleming the sum of Eight hundred dollars, to Sarah J. Pool the sum of five hundred dollars, to Elizabeth Jackson the sum of five hundred dollars and to my granddaughter Sarah A. Pool the sum of fifty dollars and the residue of my estate, I desire to be equally divided between my nine children to wit:  Joseph L. Harner, Matilda J. Addison, George W. Harner, Susan Fleming, Philip F. Harner, Sarah J. Pool, William F. Harner, Henry J. Harner and Elizabeth Jackson.

     3rd I desire that my executors sell at public or private sale any real estate I may own at the time of my decease and distribute it (that is the net proceeds of such sale) in the same manner as the personal estate.

      4th I have heretofore given to my five sons to wit Joseph L. Harner, George W. Harner, Philip F. Harner, William T. Harner and Henry J. Harner the sum of one thousand dollars each in the sale and conveyance of the tracts of land they respectively own and they are each here charged with the said sum of one thousand dollars, and they are not to receive anything further from my estate until the several legacies herein set forth shall have been paid to my daughters and granddaughter as aforesaid and then the residue is to be equally divided between all my children after the death of my wife.

      And lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my two sons Joseph L. Harner, and William T. Harner my executors with full power to sell my real estate I may die seized of and convey and real estate I may have sold and not conveyed in my lifetime.

 August 26, 1883

 P. W. Harner (seal)


I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.    PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2023, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser


No comments:

Post a Comment