Thursday, February 25, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday--Baby Welcome Card

I decided to post this little Congratulations card for my cousin Kent as a thank you for all the wonderful photos he has shared with me on our mutual Stark family from Avalon, Pennsylvania. I think it will be a surprise for him.

The card was sent to my parents on the birth of my brother, Ken, on February 12, 1952. Readers might remember my blog on Ken's birthday a couple of weeks ago and the glorious colorized version of the black and white photo done by Terri Kallio at The Ties That Bind.

As mentioned above the card, Lorraine Wilma Miller, was my mother's first cousin on her father's side of the tree. Lorraine and Mom grew up in Avalon and were very close as children.

On July 29, 1947, Lorraine married Edgar Henry Kretzler and they had two children, Kent and Karen.


© 2010, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser

4 comments:

  1. What a cute card! They don't make them like these anymore. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! your given this image of Treasure Chest Thursday--Baby Welcome Card is very fantastic and so cute.

    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete