Thursday, September 30, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday--Steuben Compote


As I mentioned in last week's Treasure Chest Thursday, my Mother loved glass. This is one of her prized pieces....a Steuben Compote. It always had a place on honor on the dining room table...both on Bramble Lane in Pittsburgh and in her Lakewood, Ohio condo.

I believe that it was either a gift from my Dad or they purchased it on a trip to NYC one year. I am pretty certain that it dates back to the mid 1960's.

It now graces my dining room table and I am thrilled to have it. I can't go into the dining room and not think of my Mom every time I look at it.


The Steuben name etched into the glass.

© 2010, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! How nice that you're carrying on the tradition of displaying it on your table...

    ReplyDelete