Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday--Mont Mettie Munger and Lucy Stark Munger



Mont Mettie Munger and Lucy Wilma Stark Munger are my maternal grand uncle and aunt. I never had the good fortune to know either of them, although Mont died when I was seventeen. My mother did not talk about her extended Stark family while I was growing up. Even as an adult, when I asked about her family her response always was, "My family is very small." After doing years of genealogy work I have found that her statement is untrue. Granted she was an only child, however the Stark and Frederick components of her background did amount to a large number of folks when I participated in Randy's SNGF several weeks back.

To date I have precious few stories and photographs of Lucy Stark Munger. She died when my mother was only six. As to her Uncle Mont, she remembers him at Granny Stark's house on Marie Street in Avalon, Pennsylvania his rolling fingers, with great showmanship, up and down the ivorys of a player piano while the music roll was running inside. A funny fellow!
Lucy and Mont married about 1908 probably in Avalon, Pennsylvania. They had two children: Wilma A. Munger, who later changed her name to Billie and Mont Mettie Munger, Jr.

Lucy and Mont are buried in Uniondale Cemetery on the Northside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in Allegheny County.

MONT METTIE MUNGER

Born: 16 Jul 1884 in Frankfort, Indiana
Died: 07 Jun 1964 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Parents: Unknown to date

LUCY WILMA STARK MUNGER

Born: 02 Nov 1886 in Allegheny City (North Side), Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Died: 27 Jan 1927 in Bellevue, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania at Suburban Hospital
Parents: Charles and Wilhelmine Catherine Schwarz (Noir)

No comments:

Post a Comment