My given name is Linda Lee Hughes. I married a Hiser. I have never been one of those folks who is married to a her name. I know some who will be become furious if you call them by a name abbreviation or nickname. All of my genealogy is done as Linda Hughes Hiser; however, I am a variety of variations of my name in numerous places; Linda L. Hiser and Linda H. Hiser being two. I am finding as I get older and need to decide what my name will be...for instance on my social security, drivers license, bank statements, etc., so everything will be the same.
While driving and thinking this over (see, I told you this was somewhat ridiculous!), my mind wandered over to all the names I have been called during my, now, 65 years. I have deleted those that might be offensive ;-D.
- Linda--the given name
- Lindee--family nickname
- Lindy--spelling from my Aunt Barb McGoey Hughes
- Lin--current family nickname
- Lynn--as spelled by my paternal grandmother, Grams
- Deeow--Ken's variation when he was too young to pronounce Lindee
- Pickle Puss--toddler nickname from parents since I screwed up my mouth like I was eating a sour pickle....lol
- Jerse--another toddler nickname from parents. For Jersey Joe Walcott a boxing champion. I hope I wasn't running around punching people ;-)
- Mrs. Linda--my preschool teacher name
- Mrs. Hiser--the more formal preschool teacher name
- Miss Linda--sometimes used by my current co-workers
- Linda Carol--JoAnn at work kept forgetting my name was Linda and called me by the name of Carol. Once she got it right, she decided to call me Linda Carol!
- Hughes--swimming coaches
- Hughesie--college nickname
- Mr. Pickles--from my son, Aric
- Mom--my boys
- Aunt Linda--my nieces and nephews
- Cousin Lin--obviously, my cousins
- Linda Lou--co workers
- Sis--my bros
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.
PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2012, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser