Thursday, May 7, 2009

The One Lovely Blog Award--I'm awestruck! Or maybe aw shucks!


This has been quite a week for me. Three honors in two days have been a bit overwhelming. Maybe turning 62 last Friday was the charm!

THANK YOU to Cheryl over at Heritage Happens for bestowing The One Lovely Blog Award on my blog.

I also want to publicly send THANKS to Greta over at Greta’s Genealogy Bog for her listing of Flipside on her Showcase--Part 1 list. I want you to know Greta that I copied your kind words and hung it on my refrigerator!

And, earlier in the week, Lori over at Family Trees May Contain Nuts, sent me the Friendly Blogger award.

It is indeed heartwarming to know first, that someone out there is actually reading the blog and second, that they feel it deserves a shout out.

Cheryl and Greta are also members of Genabloggers. It is truly a warm and welcoming group and I am proud to be counted among the 400+ and growing club.

Now I have to figure out how to display the kudos on the side of my blog!

Passing along this award to seven other bloggers is always difficult. The ones I have chosen, who have not already received it are:

Exploring Almost Forgotten Gravesites in Ohio

Creating Pictures in My Mind

Grandma’s Stitches

Lineage Keeper

Ohio’s Yesterdays

Root Seek

Still Digging for Roots

3 comments:

  1. Linda,
    I am struck speechless [almost] at your kindness in bestowing a One Lovely Blog Award on my blog. Thank you so much for your kindness and your own award was very well deserved - having a blog full of surprises, wonderment and so much more!
    Sincerely
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda, for the "Cute" award. Praise is what keeps us going and makes us tick, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Linda, I'm so touched! Your awards and the praise directed your way are well deserved. And you're so right - the Geneablogger community is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete