Monday, March 23, 2020

2020 US Census




     As a genealogist, the 2020 census is a HUGE disappointment.  Not much information to be gleaned by future genealogists.   Today I learned I was laid off my job due to the coronavirus which is moving across the US, hospitalizing and taking lives.  I decided to take this opportunity to file my census on line.  

  The census will give information such as names, birth dates, age as of April 1, 2020, residence as of April 1, 2020, whether you are Mexican or Spanish decent (we all know what that is for), if any additional people are living in your house, if you own your house and finally your decent country.  At first I put in English....my grandfather was born in England.  I had to go back and change that to American.   This is sort of a trick question to genealogists.  Geesh....English, Danish, German, Scotland are some of my background.  Sort of a Heinz 57.  I guess sometimes it is better to not know too much info.

     No information as to number of years married, number of children, number of children alive, occupation.  In many respects this will be useless to future genealogists.  On the Flipside, know that these census reports were filed during the outbreak of the coronavirus and probably we should be blogging about that.



I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.    PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2020, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser




No comments:

Post a Comment