Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Begetting of the Bracelet or another Tale of the YaYa Sisters


To beget=to acquire.

I am somewhat remiss in posting this blog. I was waiting for a photo to attach to it. This is the tale of, perhaps, the most thoughtful and gratefully received Christmas present of 2008.

We have a little sisterhood, Grace, Pat and I. Although not too original, we call ourselves the Ya Ya’s. We enjoy shopping, drinking, eating, traveling and spa-ing (is that a word?) together. Pat and Grace are sisters and come from Johnstown, PA—so we are all PA gals. Grace is my next door neighbor and Pat was the one who got me my job at Chico’s back in 2006.

Years ago, Pat was on vacation in or around Orlando, Florida and happened upon a jewelry counter among other shops at Shell World in Kissimmee. She was quite taken with one woman’s hand crafted wares and purchased a bracelet. This craftsperson (Evelyn) fashions her jewelry from natural stones, crystals, minerals and gems, all which have meaning and healing powers. Pat has, over the years, purchased bracelets, necklaces and rings and to special people, gives them as gifts.

During the build-up to Christmas, Grace kept warning me that she and Pat were going together on the present for me. She would carefully add that she wasn’t sure if it was something I would like.

On the appointed day for the gift exchange we chose breakfast at the Falls Restaurant in Olmsted Falls. Pat handed me the wrapped box and I slowly undid the paper and ribbon. To my shock and amazement, inside the small box, was a bracelet!!!! I was now a “real” member of the club!!!! Pat held my arm and carefully clasped the beaded bracelet to my wrist while saying some special words about the power of the stones.

Stones to heal and stones of mystical power.


To be certain, I was totally blown away!

Some of the stones and minerals in my bracelet:

Charoite is said to be useful for the cleansing and purification of one's energy body as well as for the transmutation of negative energies within oneself.

Garnet should be carried close to the body. Its energy is balancing and peaceful. This stone of passion stimulates the sexual drive [It really hasn’t performed for me yet, it’s a post menopausal thing….lol].

Malachite is said to aid in the regeneration of body cells, creates calm and peace, and aids one's sleep.

Amazonite makes your skin better. [I wish it would erase all the time lines…lol] Releases fear and anxiety.

Moonstone is believed to be protective for women and babies. It's also associated with the sea and planting cycles. Moonstone is said to balance yin and yang.

And one of the best—

Lepidolite which encourages independence for setting and attaining goals inconspicuously, protection from outside influences, relieves every day stress, and promotes restful sleep when placed near your pillow and attracts good luck to those who carry it, and drives away negativity


I never take the bracelet off.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful. It is really lovely and I know what you mean...I have a bracelet I rarely remove.

    The t-shirt and the ballons are awesome. I thank you from the bottom and top of my heart.

    ReplyDelete