|Anna and brother, Charles |
Xerox of the original photograph
Edgar made a living as a laborer and a coal miner while Anna was growing up. The family lived in Lyon, Preston County and Grafton, Taylor County, West Virginia. By 1920, Edgar had moved to Akron, Summit County, Ohio.
|Xerox copy of the original photograph|
William lists 950 7th Avenue in Akron, Ohio as his residence on his 1917 World War I draft registration card. The Burgy's are still living at 950 7th Avenue in Akron in 1920 and they have a five year old daughter named Ellen Jane. I have learned that Ellen was adopted. William is employed with Goodyear Rubber Company, where he worked through the 1940's.
Listed on the 1930 Ohio census, the Burgy family lived at 824 East Market Street in Akron, Ohio. Around 1935, the Burgy's divorced. Anna married JohnW. Jackson. I have not been able to find their marriage certificate. She remainded married to John until her death.
William T. Burgy died in Akron, Ohio on March 23, 1947. Anna died in Akron, Ohio on September 6, 1948. She is buried in Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery, Akron, Summit County, Ohio along with her parents and numerous siblings.
- 1900 West Virginia Census, Lyon, Preston County, Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 103.
- 1910 West Virginia Census Grafton Ward 3, Taylor County,Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 0140.
- 1920 Ohio Census Akron Ward 6, Summit County, Page: 27B; Enumeration District: 197.
- 1930 Ohio Census Akron, Summit County, Page: 17A; Enumeration District: 25.
- Burgy, William, Certificate of Death, Summit County, Ohio, Number 20714.
- Jackson, Anna Leota Church, Certificate of Death, Summit County, Ohio, Number 58132.
- Marsh, William Alfred, Church Family Group Sheets and xerox copies of Church family photographs.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. All comments are welcome; however, if they are inappropriate, they will not be published.
PLEASE post your e-mail in the comment section if you would like to network about a particular surname or topic. I will capture it for my use only and not include it when I publish your comment.
© 2011, copyright Linda Hughes Hiser